Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7204VXR Gateway help

I have a 7204VXR with a 2 port (PA-MC-2T1/PRI) multichannel T1/PRI. I just want to make sure I can configure this just like I've done 3640's with MFT's. I have the options to bind H323 to a fastethernet interface, so I know I have the right IOS, I've just never used a 7200 as a gateway. Can someone confirm that this will work? All I want to do is bring a PRI into it and have it be the primary gateway. Here is a snip of a sh ver.

cisco 7204VXR (NPE225) processor (revision A) with 114688K/16384K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID 23684200

R527x CPU at 262Mhz, Implementation 40, Rev 10.0, 2048KB L2 Cache

4 slot VXR midplane, Version 2.1

Last reset from power-on

Bridging software.

X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.

Primary Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.

1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

2 Serial network interface(s)

1 ATM network interface(s)

2 Channelized T1/PRI port(s)

125K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

2 REPLIES

Re: 7204VXR Gateway help

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work.

Cisco Employee

Re: 7204VXR Gateway help

If you're plan is to have this 7204 as the voice gateway, you might need either of the following PA's:

PA-VXC-2TE1+ 2 port T1/E1 enhanced high capacity digital voice port adapter

PA-VXB-2TE1+ 2 port T1/E1 enhanced moderate capacity digital voice port adapter

The PA-VXB and the PA-VXC are multichannel packet voice port adapters that allow Cisco 7200 series, Cisco 7200 VXR, and Cisco 7500 series routers to become dedicated packet voice hubs or packet voice gateways that connect to both private branch exchanges (PBXs) and the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). This allows packet voice and packet fax calls to be placed over the wide-area network (WAN) and sent through the gateway into the traditional circuit-switched voice infrastructure.

Click here for more:

http://lbj.cisco.com/push_targets1/ucdit/cc/td/doc/product/core/7206/7206cfig/6229voip/index.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies