cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7206 to gateway VOIP to PBX to VOFR

jeff.alston
Level 1
Level 1

Since you cannot do a hybrid VOIP-VOFR solution and you need to tandem switch through your PBX, can one use a 7206VXR with an interface to the PBX (this is all in a large hub and spoke configured WAN) as a VOIP gateway to the VOFR sites? I am trying to push VOIP calls all the way to the central site and to the PBX instead of switching at the local site in some wierd VOIP-VOFR translation. All my sites are VOFR and I am starting to bring up VOIP. What special IOS or interfaces do you need?

2 Replies 2

ckossmey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff -

You can do this, but you don't even need a connection to the PBX, you can hairpin calls right back into the gateway. This will allow you to conserve ports on the PBX. You will, however, need to have a digital voice PA on the 7200 and loop one port into the other.

I would recommend IOS 12.2 (need a PLUS feature set) and you will need a PA-VXC-2TE1 to do the hairpin.

Regards,

Clay

Loop one VXC port to the other? Is this where the loop would be logically confgured? I have dial-peers from the VOFR implementation in and out of that interface now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: