cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

760 Phone with a Macintosh connected Reboots when you hard reset the MAC???

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Hello I have a wierd problem being reported to me. We have 7960 phones with the inline power on people's desks. The end users have connected some older Macs to the phones. hen the MAC gets hung up and needs to be re-booted , it causes the phone to also be re-booted. Has any one else experianced this? Basically by rebooting the MAC the user is hitting the CRTL Shift Open Apple keys I think and doing a reset.

2 Replies 2

prattstephen
Level 1
Level 1

I work in an all Mac inviroment and I have never seen this problem and we worked with some of the old G3 baige Macs. Do you have 10/100 Nic in the Macs? If not, what is the switch port set to (auto, full duplex, half duplex)? I think I remember reading somewhere that if the ports are not configured porperly on the switch they can cause the phone to reboot. I would try this in a lab.

Stephen

prattstephen
Level 1
Level 1

I work in an all Mac inviroment and I have never seen this problem and we worked with some of the old G3 baige Macs. Do you have 10/100 Nic in the Macs? If not, what is the switch port set to (auto, full duplex, half duplex)? I think I remember reading somewhere that if the ports are not configured porperly on the switch they can cause the phone to reboot. I would try this in a lab.

Stephen