Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7750 and MS Domain membership

I'm running a 7750 using 3.1(2c). It's not currently part of the company domain but I would like to add it to domain. I cannot find any docs on domain membership. Can this be done? What are the pro's and con's.

1 REPLY

Re: 7750 and MS Domain membership

the spe is really just another windows 2000 server so yes it can join a domain.

right click on my computer, select properties,network identification and then select properties. and join the domain.

I have a few 7750's in production and none of them belong to the data domain however we usually do unified messaging so we join unity to the domain obviously. The 7750 just like any call manager can benefit from being a domain member in a number off ways.

you dont need to create additional user accounts for the call manager workgroup.

call manager's dns suffix can match the rest of the domain so name resolution config is a little easier.

also you can integrate ccm with active directory which allows for further directory and resource benefits.

My suggestion would be if you are not familiar with active directory, and you do not need call manager to provide you with additional directory service functionality then leave it alone. but it really depends on what you need or want.

joining hte domain is easy as outlined above the rest depends on your comfort level with active directory or (eeeeww) NDS

FAQ (old though)

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/570/avvid/voice_ip/cm_directory/cm_dirfaq.html

and if you find someone using iPlanet's Netscape Directory Server let me know so i can have a chuckle :--)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content