Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7825 install / Hardware Detection CD

I have seen a few posts on this forum indicating that you do not need the Hardware detection CD anymore on a 7825i1 2000.4.1 installation, and I have also seen post that indicate that that is incorrect.

Have anyone seen anything documented by Cisco that specifically stats that it is not needed? My install kit didn’t come with one and I am not sure if Cisco left it out intentionally or if it was a mistake.

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: 7825 install / Hardware Detection CD

You need it,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/prod_installation_guide09186a0080451d0c.html#wp402965

How does the operating system installation work?

When you begin the installation, you boot the server from the Cisco IP Telephony Server Operating System Hardware Detection Disk. After the system boots, the Cisco IP Telephony Applications Server QuickBuilder installation utility loads automatically and guides you through the installation process

I'm sending you the link with all the detailed info about how to request CDs:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a00802262ed.shtml

//G

The 2000.4.x cd's does not require a h/w detection disk. Its all built into the OS disk. It will do all the imaging, scsi drivers, raid setup required, and also install the OS for you. Another advantage of the 2000.4.x is that there is no need to enter the os key. All together, installation time is reduced quiet a bit.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate all posts!

Green

Thisisshanky is correct:

OS 2000.4.1 (Single DVD for each Server type)

====================================

MCS-7825-I1-IPC IBM x306

MCS-7825-H1-IPC DL-320

My bad,

Views
Helpful
Replies