cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7905 - Installation problem

f.chiesa
Level 1
Level 1

I'm triyng to configure the new IP Phone 7905 In the call manager like H323 end-point. the problem is that I can't start to configure the h323 part yet because the phone cames without image and you have to install it but until now there is no way, I dowloaded the image from cco, I putted it on the TFTP server path, I putted the config file on the same dir (the file included with the zip down loaded from cco) but IT doesn't work, the phone boot, asck and retrieve the config file but stop there, It doesnt't ask the image file to the TFTP server. Before opening a TAC case, there is someone the has already installed IT??? Very very thanks in advance.

Fabio Chiesa

2 Replies 2

Thanks,

I have already seen it, I putted the command in the config file in different position but IT doesn't work or better, It's not very clear the process used by the phone to upgrade himself. First of all, I have configured in static way the ip address, the TFT server address, etc..

Now, when the phone download the config file, It need the same information in the file (ip address, etc...) or It need only the new "point" that are the name of the image file?? This is not very clear from the the documentation. If the answer is not then I can remove all the other parameter from the config file but I have tried and It doesn't work. Another strange thing is that when you dowload the image file from the cco you get a lot of files, some of that refer to the ATA186!!!!! In this way there is a lot of confusion because there are info files about upgrade and config with instructions very different from that reported in the CCO. Any help is appreciate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: