Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7905 working at 10 Mbps half duplex

Did any of you have this problem?

These phones are connected to Cisco 3560 sw. After negotiation the switch port ends up using this mode. If I fix the speed and duplex mode in the switch port the 7905 phone does not boot.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 7905 working at 10 Mbps half duplex

Take a look at the following statement:

"Phones with no PC ports and with 10 Mb switch ports (Cisco 7902, 7905, and 7910 IP Phones) should be allowed to auto-negotiate to 10 Mb, half-duplex.

Because these phones support only 10 Mb Ethernet and their ports cannot be manually configured, the upstream switch port should be set to either AUTO negotiate or 10 Mb, half-duplex. In both cases, these phones will negotiate to 10 Mb, half-duplex."

from this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080447513.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

3 REPLIES

Take a look at the following statement:

"Phones with no PC ports and with 10 Mb switch ports (Cisco 7902, 7905, and 7910 IP Phones) should be allowed to auto-negotiate to 10 Mb, half-duplex.

Because these phones support only 10 Mb Ethernet and their ports cannot be manually configured, the upstream switch port should be set to either AUTO negotiate or 10 Mb, half-duplex. In both cases, these phones will negotiate to 10 Mb, half-duplex."

from this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080447513.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Good information.

It was a surprise to me to find that half-duplex phones do exist (assuming that a voice conversation is "full-duplex" - I mean, both people talking at the same time.

I assume this is to get a cheaper product.

Thanks again

Bronze

There is absolutely nothing wrong with phone being 10mbps/half-duplex. It is still approximately 100 times more than what's needed for the phone call. Just don't put a hub between switch and a phone(with power cube).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content