Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7905G firmware change problem

Hi,

i have a 7905 phone with SIP firmware. I want to use this phone with our call manager as SCCP. I have changed tftp server adress on 7905, but it coulnd't download it's own firmware. it's still working with sip firmware. call manager can access to phone (with ping) there is no problem.

How can i change this firmware to SCCP??

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 7905G firmware change problem

For "Converting an In-Use Phone from SIP to SCCP," instead of following the steps provided in the administration guide, follow the steps below:

1. In Cisco Unified Callmanager Administration, choose Device > Phone.

2. Click on the existing SIP phone that you want to convert to SCCP.

3. In Phone Configuration page, enter the SCCP image name for the phone model in the Phone Load Name field.

Note You can view a list of the default image names for all phone models by choosing Device > Device Settings > Device Defaults in Cisco Unified CallManager Administration.

4. Click Save.

Note A pop-up window will tell you to reset the phone for the changes to apply.

5. Click Reset.

6. In the Device Reset page, click Reset, then click Close.

Note The phone will reboot and upgrade to the SCCP image. When the phone completes the reboot process, the message "Registration Rejected" appears. Do not proceed until this message appears.

7. Click Delete to remove the SIP phone configuration from Cisco Unified CallManager.

8. Perform a factory reset on the phone:

8a. Press the MENU button.

8b. Press **2

8c. When you receive the prompt: "Do you want to reset all system settings to default values?", press the Yes softkey.

Karzazi

Remember to rate all helpful posts

Views
Helpful
Replies