Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7910 functionality questions (2)

Put your 7910 cap on.....

If call waiting is enabled on a 7910, will the user see caller id on the display while on a current call (when the 2nd call comes in)? If they work like 7940/60's I would say yes but I know these phones are much different in both appearance and functionality.

While on a call, is it possible to make another call and then switch between parties? My 1st answer to this is no. But a work around would be to park the call and retreive it after you've made your second call?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 7910 functionality questions (2)

I just went and tested this on a 7910. If call waiting is enabled on the line and I am actively on a call and receive another call, I see the caller ID if available of the call waiting call.

Also, while on a 2 calls I was able to switch between them by pressing the Hold key.

So how it works is this:

If you are on one call and you want to place another, press Hold. Now party A is on hold. Press Line to get a dialtone, call party B.

Now if you press hold, parties A and B are both on hold.

Press Hold, now: talking to A, and B is on hold.

Press Hold, now: A and B are on hold.

Press Hold, now: talking to B, and A is on hold.

So it cycles in that pattern.

Re: 7910 functionality questions (2)

Dave,

Thanks SO much! I can't begin to explain what a HUGE and AWESOME resource this message board is, and more importantly, your contribution to it. Thanks...

Mike Schlenger

Views
Helpful
Replies