cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7912 Phone support

andyirving
Level 1
Level 1

Is anybody using 7912G phones with CM. I am running 3.3(2) which supposedly supports the 7912, however when the phone boots and requests DHCP info I get the message "Registration Failed" on the phone. This seems to point to CM not having the correct load info for the phone, I am downloading the 7912 phone load does anybody have any advice on this?

3 Replies 3

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Guess, there are some known issues with 3.3(2). Upgrade to 3.3(3). It should work.

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

Yes you will need to install the latest 7912 phone load. As I remember, if you look in System->Device Defaults there is no line entry for the Cisco 7912 phone. After you download the 7912 phone load be sure you have "Standard 7912" under the Phone Template field on the far right. First time I downloaded the 7912 phone load this field came up blank and my 7912 sets would not register. Also beaware that CallBack isn't working on the 7912 phones. Works OK on the 7910/7940/7960.

Larry

All working, loaded the phone load and bingo - thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: