Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7912 XML push

All,

I have a 7912 that is running the CP79120100SCCP030204A load. It apparently does not support pushing xml to the phone. I am able to push to the 7905, So one could assume the code is fine.

I want to upgrade the firmware but can't find the load that it is currently running. Without it, upgrading is impossible.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

James

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 7912 XML push

If you're just looking to see what firmware the phone is running, there are several ways to find that out.

On most phones press Settings - Status - Firmware Versions.

On the CCM Admin side, go to "Device Defaults" from the System menu to find the default phone loads for each device, by Device Pool.

You can also check for devices not using the default phone load: from the Device menu, go to Device Settings and from that sub-menu choose Firmware Load Information. There is a link to the Device Default Config from this page as well.

This description assumes CM 3.3(3)+, which I am assuming you're running since that is the version that added XML support for the 7905/7912.

Here's a link from the Cisco site describing XML support for these models:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_note09186a00801c42be.html

Hope that helps!

Try re-reading the post.

In my message I stated which firmware load it is running. The problem is that this firmware is not accepting the push. I am not able to upgrade the firmware without having the version that it is currently running on the tftp server. Due to the fact that Cisco is now using signed loads. The phone must locate and verify it's current load before upgrading to a new load.

I am unable to locate the factory load on cco.

Thanks.

James

Silver

The first post wasn't very clear, and re-reading it doesn't help. Your second post adds enough detail to understand what it is that you are looking for. Sorry that I misinterpreted it.

Given the nature of your problem I would suggest that you may want to direct this question to the IP Telephony forum, as it covers technical issues such as the signed-load upgrade issue that you are experiencing.

Best of luck with your issue!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content