cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 Expansion Module issues

javiero_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with one of my 7914 expansion modules. I have several that have been setup and working for months with no issues. They are all setup with shared line appearances. The trouble I have with the one expansion module is that every few days it will just go blank and all the line status LEDs will turn red. One way to get it back is by logging the user off and on again. Also resetting the phone with the **#** will sometimes get the module back online.

Has anyone ever seen this before. I am running CM3.2(2c) and using extension mobility.

Regards,

Javier Oropesa

3 Replies 3

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

Have you replaced the phone? The expansion module? Sounds like a hardware fault to me.. the phone is not resetting with the expansion module is it?

I had a problem where my reception phone was resetting randomly.. turns out it was a wiring fault.

The phone is not resetting just the expansion module. I looked at the expansion module statistics from the phone and saw some RX errors. I am going to try replacing the cable to the module and see if it corrects the problem.

I have had a couple of 7914's act this way, and they would also display incorrect information such as an active call or voicemail. I replaced the extension module, and everything has been working fine. Good luck troubleshooting this with TAC.