Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7914 Issues

Hi Everyone,

My attendant has a shared line presence on her 7914 for all the users here just so that she can see if users are on the phone. the problem is that when a user puts a call on hold she sees that on her phone and sometimes when the main number here rings she will pick up the call on hold by accident. Doing some research it looks like CME has a monitor mode that just looks at line presence. im running CCM 4.2 is there a way i can do that here?

Thanks,

1 REPLY

Re: 7914 Issues

No there is no option for a Monitor line on CCM 4.2 to my knowledge. The best thing I can offer as a suggestion is to disable auto pickup on all lines except for the Primary. I had a couple hundred secretaries with upwards to 20 lines each and this resolved this issue. Most operators are used to pushing a button to select a line anyway.

You can set this on the Cluster by doing the steps below.

From the Service menu, choose Service Parameters.

Choose Publisher CallManager Server > Cisco CallManager service.

Under the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) section, scroll down to the Always Use Prime Line parameter, choose True for this parameter, and click Update.

Here is a link to another post Rob had suggested on.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddb7a11/0#selected_message

This post had stated that this could also be done per phone by the Phone Parameter Auto Line Select. I have not tested this.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content