Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7914 Sidecar Line Status

Can anyone tell me if the 7914 will show a busy status of a phone that has been put in CallForwardAll mode? In other words, if I forward all calls for VM on a 7960 that is sharing a line appearance with a 7914, will this status show up on the 7914?

5 REPLIES

Re: 7914 Sidecar Line Status

No. The 7914 does not show the forwarding status of a shared line appearance.

I just tried this at lunch today. I forwarded all calls on a 7960 to voice mail. The display on the 7914 did not show any forwarding.

Steve

Thanks for the response Steve.

Hi, could someone please tell me if I can use the 7914 expansion module in a scenario like this:

a secretary with a 7914 module receives a call. She needs to transfer the call to her boss but before that, she checks her display to see if he has another call on the line. Is this what it is supposed to indicate with the red/green leds? In order to do this, I am guessing that the line on the 7914 should be configured as a speed dial, is it right?

thanks,

In order to check the status of the bosses line, it would have to be a shared appearance on the 7914 of the secretary.

When you configure a button on the 7914 it will show on-hook/off-hook with the corresponding icon, and the button will glow red when off-hook. If a button is configured as a speed dial, the icon is the dot pattern.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Too bad that it has to be a shared line to see its status. Works ok for the secretary but not for scenarios like this:

President and Vicepresident want to see each other's line status. If I share lines between them what will happen is that incoming calls will ring both phones. I was thinking that I could turn off the ring on one phone line so only one phone rings. Still calls to the president for example, will be displayed on vicepresident's phone. It could not be.

What would be really nice is if configuring a speed dial showed a phone icon (as the DN) instead of a dot pattern. That way, I would be able to see the status of the speed dial that I configured. Does anyone know if I can modify this dot pattern and replace it with a phone icon using XML or something like that?

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content