Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7920 behind 871 strange behavior

I have a 7920 behind an 871 router. The 871 connects in to the main office via EasyVPN to a Cisco ASA. Calls placed on the 871 are very hit and miss. Usually they fail.

The phone registers to CM fine. Also, if I call the outside office number from the 7920, it works EVERY time.

If I dial someone at the office on their extension, it may or may not work. Usually it fails but ocassionally it works.

If I dial an outside number, it may or may not work. Usually it fails.

When calls fail, there are several behaviors we have documented.

Often, if I call an extension, I hear the phone ringing. When the remote party picks up they hear nothing but I continue to hear the phone ring. Eventually the ringing stops at it just goes silent. Perhaps VM is picking up. Either way, the call basically drops.

If I make a call to the outside, the remote party hears their phone ring exactly one time. They don't have time to pick up the call. As above, I hear the phone continue to ring. Eventually, as described above, the call drops.

Again, I can call our main office number and the call is successful every time. Additionally, I can dial an extension after dialing the main # and that works every time.

Basically, unless I call the main # and route my call through there, I have a 7920 that is unusable. I have been struggling with this one. I know there are many many variables to consider and I can provide as much of that as needed.

Is there any hope? Thanks!

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 7920 behind 871 strange behavior

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content