Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7920 Firmware Upgrade Failure

Hello,

I had a problem with several 7920 IP Phones during a firmware upgrade and now they are stuck in boot sequence (with Cisco Logo) and then they shut down.

I tried to recover the upgrade with Configuration Utility. After I connect to the phone, the tool ask me to first upgrade the firmware. I indicated where the BIN file was located and I started the upgrade, but after that, I get the error message "ERR 305 No response from phone, connection closed".

I tried it also on working 7920, and I get the same result.

Has anybody done this kind of upgrade ???

thks

jp

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 7920 Firmware Upgrade Failure

If there is a failure or power is lost during an upgrade, you will have to use the Configuration Utility to recover the phone. Perform the following steps in this scenario

Boot the phone while holding down the power key, END(!), and # at the same time. You will be prompted for a USB connection.

The Configuration Utility will prompt you to browse to the phone firmware on the PC. The latest firmware can be downloaded from the Software Center on Cisco.com.

try this link for troubleshooting cisco 7920 ip phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00802a0a2e.html#wp1040160

Re: 7920 Firmware Upgrade Failure

Hello

I tried this, but this does not work.

jp

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content