Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7920 Shared Line with 7960 on CME 4.x

Hi there, I've successfully setup a 7920 to a CME 4.x system with a line that is shared with a 7960. When talking on the 7960, you can put the call on hold and pick it up from the 7920, but if you put a call on hold on the 7920, it doesn't appear that the 7960 is able to pick up the call. We were looking for this functionality to be able to have a roaming manager answer from the 7920, but then go back to his desk and then put the 7920 on hold and pick up the shared line from his 7960.

Is this functionality expected to work in 4.x or are hold/pickup between shared lines not supported from the 7920?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: 7920 Shared Line with 7960 on CME 4.x

Hi Jeff,

I looked for documentation for this and haven't found anything concrete. I'm curious to know if the manager gets (and has tried using) the "Resume" softkey on his 7960 when the call is put on hold from the 7920?

I guess if the shared line "hold' doesn't work you could always set up another DN on the 7960 a have him do a transfer from the 7920 when he goes back to his desk.

Let us know,

Rob

Thanks for the idea. I checked and no, they don't get the resume key on the 7960. When they press hold on the 7920, then 7960 shows no indication that the call is in progress, so none of the softkeys work. even if the call starts on the 7960, is put on hold, and is picked up on the 7920. Once the 7920 has the call the 7960 seems to loose track of it.

Setting up another DN sounds like a good idea, but would it be able to ring on both at the same time in that scenario? That's the desired effect so they can answer their main extension at either desk or mobile.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Jeff,

Thats too bad about the Hold functionality (or lack thereof) :(

I was thinking more along the lines of setting up a separate "hidden" DN just on the Managers 7960 so that if a call is taken on the shared line on the 7920, when he gets back to his desk he could do a quick transfer to this hidden (non DID DN ) and be good to go(talking on the 7960 with the caller that was originally answered on the 7920).

Might be a bit cumbersome for the manager,but it does accomplish the task at hand.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

are your ephone-dn's configured for dual-line?

If not you might want to try that. I had the same problem when using the non dual line format and Cisco identifed it as a bug in the firmware.

I haven't worked with Express before, but in the server version you can set up the line config in the call manager to forward calls to the other extension instead of a voicemail box then have the second phone forward to the vm. If you were to decide to go with 2 different DNs on the phones.

Just a thought.

Views
Helpful
Replies