cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7935 and AGM module for transcoding

t.guerriero
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who was using the 7935 conference phones. It appears that they have an issue that consistently 8-9 minutes into a conference, the quality deteriorates to the point of sounding like Darth Vader. It is fine up to that point. We have replaced the AGM module which is used for conferencing and transcoding resources in the Call Manager which is running 3.2.2c SPH. The problem still apears to be happening. Any ideas? They have since installed analog Polycoms connected to FXS cards on the AGM which are working ok.

2 Replies 2

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

It sounds like your CM may be using software for conferencing. Are you positive that the AGM is registered and configured in CM properly? Use your show commands on the AGM when in a conference to try and troubleshoot this problem. Also, try debugs as well...If my memory serves me correctly, debug sccp something and debug voice dsp something should yield some results for you.

I am positive that they are configured and working. I can see transcoding and conferencing when I do a show voicecard transcode on the AGM module. They are registered and I can see the individual seesions. I have upgraded the device load to the latest. I will try some debugs.