cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7935 does not register Giving TFTP server not found

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

I have the 7935 conference phone.It is not registering with call manager. It is giving error "Can not contact TFTP server , contacting 0.0.5.74". I configured the switch as per the guideline as the voice vlan in access vlan. One time it wroked but after that it has been couple of days but no luck. I don't see any message in trace also.

6 Replies 6

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Does the phone get an ip address? is it on the same subnet as the ccm? just configure the port as static vlan access, dont config any aux voice vlan. check the dhcp server for leases, also try to ping the phone.

It is on the same subnet. It doesn't get any ip address.I configure the port in static vlan .DHCP does not providing any lease.i can't ping as it does not get any address. I don't reeach at that stage where i can configure static information.it just repeat the same information that "CAN not contact TFTP server"

gary.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

Get a TAC case going, Ive seen exactly the same thing on one of our 35's... Had to get it RMA'ed. Once they are in that state there's not much you can do with them.

I already opned the case. yes they are sending the new 7935 . It seems to be a hardware issue. thanks for reply.

Its not really a hardware issue. Its just the way the 35 works, a feature if you like :)

If they are interupted for any reason during an software upgrade etc they dont seem too happy about it. And there's no way to get them back to a basic config. As you just cant get to the set-up menu's when they display the symptoms you were having.

When they are stable and running they are great... if you mess around or interrupt them during critical phases... well....... they're not too hot...

I think you are right. I upgraded the firmware . But it worked for 2 days than it did not work. I think it may be the issue with the phone designed.Any way thanks for the information you have provided.IF you come to know how to reset them than it may be easier to play with them. Thanks again.