cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7935 Registration Issue

Billy Dodson
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem here lately with the 2 7935's I have unregistering from CM and go to configuring IP screens. Once the power is cycled to the phones then they will re-register. These 2 phones are not in the same location as each other, and neither are in the same location as the CM/unity servers. CM ver 3.3, 7935 load ver P00503010100. Anyone know of a bug or anything related to this?

6 Replies 6

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

These phones does not have the port for data vlan,so they should be only in its own vlan.Use the follwoing config.

For Catalyst 2900XL and 3500XL products:

config t

interface 0/x

switchport access vlan z

no switchport voice vlan z

no switchport mode trunk

no switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

end

For Catalyst 4xxx, 5xxx, and 6xxx products:

set port auxiliaryvlan x/y none

set vlan z x/y

set trunk x/y off

Where Z is the Voice Vlan. Put the port into access vlan for voice vlan.

That is currently how I have the switch configured. I have spanning-tree portfast on, but that should not make a difference right? When I read your reply that sounded like it would solve my issue, but the switch was already configured right for that port. Any other ideas?

Port fast will not matter, in fact this will make the ip phone to register with call manger very quickly by passing listening and learning states. I don't have the clue other than that i sent.

If you enter administrative mode on the 7935 and look at network settings, there probably will not be a TFTP server entry in there. For some reason, the 7935 phones sometimes need to have the TFTP server manually entered by selecting YES to Alt-TFTP and entering in the IP address in the TFTP field (even when option 150 is correctly configured in DNS).

...correctly configured in DHCP, that is :--}.

I also upgraded the firmware on the phones, so I will check out those tftp settings. Thanks for the help.