Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7935 Still acting up.

I had started a forum about this problem earlier and got minimal response. has anyone heard anything new about the 7935's working for a while and then they have a problem dialing out. They act as if they are still working properly but the called party's phone doesn't ring. I know a few other people have either had the same problem or heard about it, but has anyone found a solution other than unplugging and then replugging the phone?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 7935 Still acting up.

Traces, traces, traces. You need to get CCM traces of when this occurs and provide them to TAC for analysis.

We are experiencing similar phenomena. Actually, the user just notices one-way audio. I wish I could help you more because we are having the same problems. With 53 7935s deployed, it's hard to pinpoint one that will be flaking out soon. If you hear more, please let us know.

Mark Anderson

Here is something that we have noticed that I forgot to mention: it seems like the 7935s have a hard time with speed and duplex negotiation with the switches, especially 3524XL-PWR. I think we are having the same problem with the 6500 48 port power blade. Not so much the switch port, but the phone nic. Look at stats on the switch and phone and see if there is a large difference between the xmit and recv packets. On the 3524 we saw a large amount of xmit errors on the switchport.

Mark Anderson

Views
Helpful
Replies