Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7940/7960 softkey programming

I have been looking through the docs on cisco's site on programming the softkeys. I thought that softkeys could be programmed anyway you want.

Offhook 4 buttons

onhook 4 buttons

connected state 4 buttons

When the phone is in the offhook state, is there no way to change first 4 buttons? Example:

Right now, I show on my phone:

Redial New Call CallBack CfwdALL

My endusers, not being smart with a new phone, hit the redial button and the speaker turns on and starts to redial. In an open office enviroment, this is not really the best option. Redial is a needed feature though.

Can the buttons be reprogrammed for:

Missed Calls Received Calls Placed Calls

(sort of shortcuts instead of going to the "directories buttons, then select 1,2,3, etc)

Thanks much!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: 7940/7960 softkey programming

You can definitely rearrange the buttons, remember however that you cannot modify the layout for the standard default templates. You will need to copy and rename them, then go to Configure Softkey Layout link in the upper right corner, From there you can select the call state and add/remove/modify the layout.

As to the shortcuts for Directories that cannot be done.

Chris

I got the default template, I would copy that, then create my own from it. Move the buttons, etc.

Thanks for the tip on the directories short cut.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

That's exactly what you would do.

Don't forget to rate all useful posts!

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies