Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7940 appears to ignore all Set-Cookie headers

Using CallManager 3.3.3 sr3, 3.3.3 sr4, or 4.0 Parche, I have no success in getting the 7940 to respond with a cookie after sending a Set-Cookie header in a previous reply to the phone.

Using the same script, I am, however, able to get the 7970 to respond with a cookie after setting it.

I have tried setting the cookie using ASP.NET-based scripts, as well as a quick-and-dirty port listener console app, which responds with this exact string:

"HTTP/1.0 200 OK\rContent-Type: text/xml\rContent-Length: 128\rSet-Cookie: SomeCookie=SomeValue\r\r<CiscoIPPhoneText>

<Title>Cookie Tester</Title>

<Prompt>Cookies</Prompt>

<Text>Testing cookies.</Text>

</CiscoIPPhoneText>\r\r"

Again, the ASP.NET method and the port listener work with the 7970, and not the 7940.

Has anyone else experienced this, especially with these CallManager versions?

1 REPLY

Re: 7940 appears to ignore all Set-Cookie headers

Apparently there is a behaviorial anomaly with regards to the 7940.

The problem occurs when attempting to set a cookie on the initial response to a CiscoIPPhoneExecute. The Set-Cookie is ignored 100% of the time in this response, at least on the 7940.

If, however, the phone goes to the same exact response URI (same Set-Cookie, headers, content, etc...) as the one the phone was sent to in the CiscoIPPhoneExecute,

but only this time via a SoftKey,

the cookie is set.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content