Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7940 IP phone, cannot edit "Line Text Label" on DN

Hi,

I have three diferent type of IP phones that 7960, 7940 and 7912. I want to set the "Line Text Label" for the DN. I can change for 7960 and 7912 but cannot for 7940. shows "Not available on this device". any idea ?

- CCM 3.3(2)

- 7940 load file=P00305000101

Thanks,

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 7940 IP phone, cannot edit "Line Text Label" on DN

You might be hitting this bug

CSCeb37182 Bug Details

Headline Line Text Label Feature Not available on this device

Symptoms:

Line Text Label filed for all lines on 7940 phones show as "Not available on this device."

Conditions:

Server has 3.3(2)DevPack05 or cmterm-7912g.P009.3-3-2 installed.

Workaround:

Contact Cisco TAC until a permanent fix can be made available.

Hi:

i want use the Line Text Label, where can i find this option?

Thanks,

Contact TAC to get the proper files. Details for workaround:

Workaround:

get 3 files dbinstall.dll, dbinstalltest.exe, product_36.csv place them in c:\temp on the publisher CCM server. from the CCM server (console or TS session) open dbinstalltest.exe populate correct values for Server - publisher name database - current CCM database username - sa password - sa password

then click "install csv file" the 5th button up in the 2nd column click browse and select the file C:\temp\Product_36.csv then click OK.

Then restart the "IIS Admin Service" on the Publisher. The "Line Text Label" should then be available for 7940 phones. Wait 5 minutes and restart IISAdmin on the subscribers so all servers see the new change.

This does not cause a call processing outage. Restart of IIS will cause a momentary webpage outage.

BTW...performed the proceeding fix at a customer site with no issues at all. However, line text needed to be entered again manually, or pulled in as a CSV import.

Line text label is available at the actual phone/line configuration page. Go To "Device", "Phone", and select the line in question, about 3/4 down the page is "Line Text Label"...fill in the blank with your required text and restart the phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content