Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 options, features questions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple items:

How many line appearances can the 7940 have? If the subscriber has their own DID, (line 1 and line 2) but needs to have second number ring.. (not primary) does it just show up on the screen or does it need its own button to answer?

Can a 7940 be setup to auto answer?

If I have the 7940 configured as a two line phone, can I configure more options such as speed dials or no? Am I limited?

Any feature such as Automatic Intercom or Buzz Intercom. (I hate it, but current customer has it with Rolm.. )

Sorry for all the questions, but anything helps. Thanks much!

Tommer

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say DID on line 1 and 2, does it mean that you have the same DN assigned to line 1 and 2? If yes, then you may not have any additional line appearances, unless the DN is part of a line group.

Yes, you can setup auto answer, with CCM 4.0+ you can do it per DN basis, with CCM 3.3 it's a global phone setting

If 2 lines are configured as lines, then the only way to achieve speed dials is to use abbreviated dialing available with CCM 4.1.

No intercom feature with CCM, (CCME has it) unless you add additional software such as Berbee informaCast.

Chris