Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7940 phones using the proper vlan

I have about 150 ip phones that operate with catalyst 3524XL switches on Voice VLAN 2 (192.168.101.0-254 range). Starting this afternoon, if a phone gets reset, it will not re-register with the call manager. It continually cycles and is somehow being assigned an IP address used on VLAN 1(192.168.1.0-254 range). I have looked at the switch configs and nothing appears to have changed. I have also checked and the TFTP service is running on the call managers. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 7940 phones using the proper vlan

Why don't you try this ? Unplug the IP phone and plug it in some other port of the Cat 3524XL and check the results. Some times the problem will be with the switch ports. If this doesn't help then you could try to hard -reset all the IP phones and check if it works. IF even, this does not work, then I guess, you should upgrade the Phone load to a better one.Check for the Phone loads on the Cisco Software centre.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies