Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7940 rings when dialed, but no voice in wither direction

Newly installed 7940 on CCME will ring but I am unable to hear or send voice. IT will also dial-out with same result. Any suggestions

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: 7940 rings when dialed, but no voice in wither direction

If other Phones are working OK, check the region setting is the same. Could be a codec issue where the Gateway is fixed to a particular codec but the phone is unsuccesfully trying to negoitiate another.

press the 'i' button twice while on a call, make sure codec is set the same on a working phone.

I have 5 7910's working perfectly. This is the first install of a 7940. I can dial to and from the 7940, but no voice path. Where would I check the regional setting with CME ?

Silver

You cannot specify region setting on CCME. Does this happen to ip phone-to-ip phone call, or only for calls to/from PSTN?

Make a call, connect to another phone, and press the "i" button on the phone twice, and see if the RxCnt and TxCnt counters are incrementing or not.

Are the phones on the same subnet, and the default gateway asignment correct?

Did you wait for more than 10sec and still no audio? If after 10sec audio gets established, check this bug CSCeb19725.

All the phones are on the same subnet. When I make a call from the 7940, after hitting "i" button, I noticed my RxCnt count was increasing, but my TxCnt was at 0 and not increasing. I waited for more than 10 seconds and still no audio. I am running 12.3.7T and CME 3.1.1 with latest phone loads.

Hi,

Can you try the below commands I had the same problem but the two commands solve it.

***global command***

voice call send-alert

voice rtp send-recv

Views
Helpful
Replies