Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 TFTP Timeout

eecarreon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I enable CCME, but the issue comes when I connect the IP Phone to the router. I can not configure anything in the IP Phone. I press the settings button and nothing.

Only received the following message in the phone:

"TFTP Timeout"

I hope somebody can help me.

Regards,

3 Replies 3

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

what type of router? what IOS?

what type of port is the phone plugged into?

it seems the phone cannot even communicate with the TFTP server. verify ip connectivity is possible between the phone and tftp server.

do you have your phone load defined in CME? all other pieces configured properly?

also, post your CME config if you can so we can verify for you.

jstemke
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this issue several times.

Some 7940s won't register properly when connected to a switch port configured as a trunk port. (it's a bug in some versions of the 7940 firmware, other phone models are not affected)

The workaround is to temporarily configure a port on the switch as an access port only for the voice vlan.

Once the 7940 upgrades itself to the latest software (on the access port), it will then work on a normal trunk port.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, to everything.

In this moment is working again the IP phone.

I've to reset default factory. After that I can edit Networks settigs. Because before I cann't do that.

To reset default you have to press the following in the IP Phone when is restarting:

1234567898*0#

and after that the IP Phone ask to you if you want erase Network settings. Later of that I can manipulate again the IP Phone settings.

Thanks

Edgar E Carreon P

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: