Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7940 user device profile

Configuring user device profiles for Extension mobility on CM 3.2.2 I'm only offered 'default 7960' on the button layout pull-down menu. This means that the user can define 4 speed dials but the device only has 2 buttons. Am I doing something wrong?

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: 7940 user device profile

The default template for the 7960 is intended to be used for the 7940 as well. You can create a new template for your 7940 phones without speed dial lines. Under device and phone button template, select default 7960 then select copy. Rename the template something like 7940 default then select none for lines 3 through 6.

marina

Thanks for this. I did this but the user/device profile for my new '7940' has a phone icon beside it with '7960' under it! I can cope with this but the 'cmmuser' function now offers the user the chance to update his 2 phone profiles but both of them say '(cisco 7960 IP Phone)' on the pull-down menu and in huge letters on the menu screen for both profiles. I don't think the users could cope with this. Is there no way of copying a 7940 button template? If not, what are all the other sample (read-only) templates for?

Thanks for this. I did this but the user/device profile for my new '7940' has a phone icon beside it with '7960' under it! I can cope with this but the 'ccmuser' function now offers the user the chance to update his 2 phone profiles but both of them say '(cisco 7960 IP Phone)' on the pull-down menu and in huge letters on the menu screen for both profiles. I don't think the users could cope with this. Is there no way of copying a 7940 button template? If not, what are all the other sample (read-only) templates for?

Silver

I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about that. I have contacted TAC a while ago and they confirmed it's the only way.

Views
Helpful
Replies