Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7941 and Abbrevial Number'speed dial)

Hi,

i've meet an issue with 7941 ip phone.

customer configured a speed dial on ccmuser with index 1. When customer dial this index and press Abbrnum softkey on his phone the system tells "number not configured". Is configuration mismatch. I'm on CCM release 4.1.3SR2

Best Regards

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: 7941 and Abbrevial Number'speed dial)

Remember that you need to reboot the phone after configuring an abbreviate dial.

Can you verify with me that you are configuring 'Abbreviated Dialing' correctly:

a. When you go to the Phone Device, in the top menu you find 'Add/Update Speed Dials'.

when you click on that link it will take you the page were you can add Speed Dials.

b. In that page, you have 'Speed Dial Settings not associated with a button' section, you

can create abbreviated dialing in that section. In that section you have 3 columns: Speed

Dials, Number and Label.

Speed Dials : You can't modify them.

Number : Give the number you want to make it as a speed dial or abbreviated dial

Label: You can give any Label.

Click on 'Update and Close' button and reset the device.

And when you are using abbreviated dialing make sure you dial the 'Speed Dial' number to

which you have configured. If you are trying to dial another 'Speed Dial' number which is

in the above section or the number which is not configured then you will get that message.

Sorry i've configured instead FastDials number. Does it means that fastdials number not accessible from this manner. To access fastdials number need to type services, Fastdials, and number right ?

Best regards

thanks for your help

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.