CUCM 6.0(1), IP Phone 7941G running SCCP41.8-3-3S.
I need to change the phone's SCCP firmware to SIP.
(0) At the very beginning IP Phone shows it has "Load File SCCP41.8-3-3S". The phone is working properly.
(1) As the first step I've downloaded the latest SIP firmware which is 8.3(5) nowadays
(2) In according to readme file I've installed the firmware then through
'CUCM CMPlatform | Software Upgrades | Install/Upgrade' menu.
Installation procedure has been completed successfully.
(3) I've gone to 'CUCM Administration | Device | Device Settings | Device Defaults'. It shows among others
Device Type / Protocol / Load Information / Device Pool / Phone Template
Cisco 7941 / SCCP / SCCP41.8-3-3S / Default / Standard 7941 SCCP
Cisco 7941 / SIP / SIP41.8-3-5S / Default / Standard 7941 SIP
(4) I've removed active sccp registration by deleting this phone from CUCM Administration interface.
(5) I've created new 7941 Phone with SIP firmware then.
What is the next step to perform ?
Must IP Phone, that runs sccp firmware currently, to download sip software automatically ?
The phone is showing "Registration Failure: Error DBConfig" for now.
Go to Solution.
Hi, check that often when making radical changes to phone FW, you may need to reset the phone via the startup sequence #, then 123456789*0#.
Just for other people who might be interested the same procedure in the future,
I've cutted a more detailed, step-by-step instruction. Just in case.
** Before you perform a factory reset, ensure that the following conditions are met:
â¢ The phone must be on DHCP-enabled network.
â¢ A valid TFTP server must be set in DCHP option 150 or option 66 on the DHCP server.
â¢ The termXX.default.loads file and the files specified in that file should be
available on the TFTP server that is specified by the DHCP packet.
** Performing a factory reset
Power cycle the phone. The phone begins its power up cycle.
While the phone is powering up, and before the Speaker button flashes on and off, press
and hold #. Continue to hold # until each line button flashes on and off in sequence in yellow.
Release # and press 123456789*0#. You can press a key twice in a row, but if you press the keys
out of sequence, the factory reset will not take place. After you press these keys, the line buttons
on the phone flash red and the phone goes through the factory reset process. Do not power down the phone
until it completes the factory reset process and the main screen appears.
Indeed. Thanks for the appreciation and good luck!