Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

7960/7940 CCME phone will not register behind Pix

Taking the firewall out of the config, my Express setup is fine. I add a Pix 501 to the mix and 7912 are the only phones that register. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES

Re: 7960/7940 CCME phone will not register behind Pix

Who provides DHCP to the phones ? Is it the PIX 501. Has it been configured for providing option 150 ? Note that CME router will be your TFTP server. There should be a static translation configured for this IP address on the PIX.

Option 150 is configured, DHCP is fine. The odd part is that I have 7912, 7960, and 7940's. Only the 12's will register.

Since the router is outside the firewall, do you mean actually associating an inside address to the routers ethernet interface?

Bronze

What version CallManager are you running? And what version of PIX?

There was a change to skinny in CM 3.3, you have to run newer PIX code for the skinny support (6.3(1) i think).

CallManager Express 3.0.3

If anyone has an example PIX config I could look at in an CCME envirionment, that would be great. I have not found anything on CCO yet. I have this up and running right now without the PIX, but I certainly need to get the firewall in ASAP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content