Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7960 behind a 3002 can't reach the CM

I have a 3002 in Network Extension mode with a PC and a 7960 behind it coming into a 3005. Of course due to Network Extension mode the 3002 and everything behind it is on a different subnet than my local LAN and the CM box as well. I can register phones to the CM fine as long as I am local. When I am remote the phone does not apear to be able to reach the CM. I am tunneling everything and have the 3005 set up for IP Phone bypass. The PC can reach netrwork resources just fine. Anyone seen this before?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 7960 behind a 3002 can't reach the CM

I have this working from my home and I am behind a 3002 over cable modem. So it should work. I am by no means a vpn guy somebody else set that part up for me. I just did the callmanager side of things. Can the callmanager ping the IP phone. Maybe it is purely a routing issue. I know it will work.

Thank you,

-Mckee

The CM cannot ping anything behind the 3002 but it can ping the private side of the 3002. I think you are correct in it is a routing issue, just a little confusing since the PC can get to the network. On another note. Since you are running voice over DSL, how would you rate it? I am considering replacing a remote workers phone line with VoIP using a 128k ISDN line. One worker, PC an phone per site. I need very good quality w/ delay and jitter and thought that ISDN would be better for trying that than DSL since this will be their business line and will they will not tolerate anything less than the quality (local telco line)they have now. They are fighting tooth and nail to keep their DSL

Cisco Employee

I am using cable modem not DSL. I think the quality is very good. When ever this comes up on the alias I was say it is great with this cavaet. If the users knows what to expect. Obviously one using a cable modem accross different service providers you have know control over end to end QOS. So as long as you know it might not be perfect sometimes then it works great. If your users expect it to be perfect and never get delay or jitter it just isn't going to happen not because of IP phones, but because you have no control over the end to end QOS.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Thanks, even with ISDN from the same ISP as the central site are you saying I will not be able to pull off full time business quality calls?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content