cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 configured as operator phone on CM3.3

dfarquharson
Level 1
Level 1

Guys I have set up a 7960 phone as an operator set. Whenever I have more than 2 external calls on hold, and then hit resume soft key I don't get the option to transfer either call.

I tried changing the softkey options for the phone but the key says "this feature in not active" or something to that effect.

It would seem that when I place a call on hold it cannot be transferred.

The 7960 is set up with 6 line buttons each with extension number 2000 in separate partitions.

I am in a major bind...so I would appreciate any help given.

2 Replies 2

c-charlebois
Level 3
Level 3

This is a known limitation of the phones under CCM 3.X. I heard somewhere that it was going to be fixed in 4.0, but I haven't check.

The problem is that each line ona phone can only support 2 calls at a time. When you are on a call, and put it on hold to answer a second call on that line appearance, both lines are full. When you hit transfer, the phone tries to open another call *on that line appearance* and can't. The transfer option isn't smart enough to attempt the call on a different line appearance on the phone.

There is a work around. On most phones we deploy, we assign a extension in our main partition, and that same number in our "line-2" partition. Then we configure the CallForwardBusy option on line 1 to forward to the same extension, with our "line-2-css" which will route the call to the second line appearance. That way, the second inbound call will not take that second spot on the first line appearance.

On some busy phones we have had to configure 3 or 4 backup line appearances, with their own partitions and calling search spaces.

You also need to make sure you turn off Call Waiting on all the lines involved so you won't run into a situation where you have two calls on one line.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: