Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7960 Phone Button Template & Live Call

I received this from one of our users:

When you place a call and its ringing, the "End Call" button is the second one from the left. Typically, I'll park my finger over the button to hang up if I don't get an answer. Once the phone is answered, the "End Call" button moves to the FIRST button on the left and now the second button is "Hold"! To me, this doesn't make any sense! I can't tell you how many times that I've placed a call, gotten no answer, then disconnected the call and replaced the handset, only to discover several minutes later that I was too slow and actually put the call on Hold (and left the recipient a very long, silent voicemail)

Any suggestions to "adjust" the template when the call goes live?

1 REPLY

Re: 7960 Phone Button Template & Live Call

In CCM Admin go to a phone or device pool and see what Softkey Template you are using. Go to Device -> Device Settings -> Softkey Template. Either click the custom Softkey Template you are using or copy the Standard User template (standard softkey templates are read-only), give it a new name and click Insert. Click Configure Softkey Layout. Click Connected (or any other call state you would like to change). Under Selected Softkeys, you can reorder the position of the softkeys. Hope this helps.

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies