cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 Phone multiple, sequential "hangups"

OUTOFTIME
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that will get as many as 10 or 12 calls in rapid succession. As soon as the phone is taken off-hook, the call goes away and as soon as it is back on-hook it rings again. This sequence happens once or twice per day on average and only this phone. Anyone else ever seen that?

Thomas404

2 Replies 2

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure I am seeing the same thing or not. I have a Cisco CM 4-1(3) system with 7960 phones. My gateways are 2811's with FXO cards. I only see the problem on calls coming into the FXO port from the local telco and they are directed to an extension by CM.

What I have found happening has been that telco has problem where it apparently does not provide enough ring voltage to hold the line between rings. I see on my gateway the FXO port go from rng-det to Off-hook to idle to rng-det to Off-hook to idle. It is only happening on 1 of my 5 outside lines in and moving that outside line to another port has the problem following the line.

Right now Telco is troubleshooting but my initial troubleshooting seemed to show it as a telco issue and not a CM/7960/gateway issue.

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

Just a followup on what I posted earlier. Working with Cisco TAC and the Telco, we discovered it was a problem at Telco with battery reversal signals.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: