cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 phone will not work on Keyswitch after using on CM 3.1 system

sdrennan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7960 phone which was connected to a Keyswitch system and working fine. This was then connected to a Call Manager 3.1 and worked fine but after reconnecting to keyswitch it will not work

I am aware that CM3.1 uses XML files for Config but I should be able to reuse the phone! I have erased the Config on the phone but no change. What I need is too fully default the phone. Any ideas/ workarounds.

1 Reply 1

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

You may have the wrong phone load installed. If that is the case, you will have to correct that. IP Keyswitch and SRST require special loads. To default the phone, press **# after you power up (this unlocks the phone config) then press the settings button, 3 (network config) then 33 (erase config). Press the Yes softkey and then the Save softkey. The phone should then reboot without any configuration. If you tried that already, I would look at what phone load you have. CallManager will "upgrade" the software on any phone connected to it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: