cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 Registration Rejected on CM 3.3

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

I am geting a Registration Rejected on a 7960 I try to connect to a CM 3.3 server. Even after re-pointing the phone to the CM 3.2 server the phone still gets this error. I had to replace the phone to clear this message.

6 Replies 6

toqian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When the phone boots up, try to erase the configuration and then make the phone point to the TFTP server and try to register

I have tried that. That does not clear this issue. I have also deleted and re-built the IP phone from CM and tried three different IP phones and changed the MAC adsdresses and I still get the "registration Rejected" error. I can ping the phone and CM and gateways but cannot get the phone to register. It looks like it cannot see the Extension I have given the phone..

Do you have any phones that can register with the CM?

If it is only new phone that won't and the primary CM is a subscriber, make sure SQL replication is working correctly.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/recreate_subscribe_database.html

A detailed CCM trace should also have info on the registration attempt.

The replication is working fine. I can add new sets and they show up on both databases. I am getting the problem from two phones that try to register to the Sub. All the other active users are doing the same thing. However, we just had a burp in our network and I had to do an emergency re-boot on the CM Sub and Pub and the issue cleared.

nmodarresi
Level 1
Level 1

hello

did u uncheck the item" disable auto registration "property of call manager server?

Yes I did. What it ended up being was that the Pub was re-booted but not the Sub. Once I rebooted the Sub, it registered properly.