cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 shows only chirp ring types

theobagm
Level 1
Level 1

One of my 7960 phones only shows the 'Chirp 1' and 'Chirp 2' ring types. It also displays the message 'Custom Ring Unavailable '. All the rest of the 7960 show all the ring types on the Call Manager (3.0). I have looked at the 'Creating Custom RingTones' web pages, and they do not seem to apply, since the other 7960s do see all ring tones. I am not sure how this one phone got to this condition.

3 Replies 3

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

That phone was unable to download the ringlist.xml file from the CallManager's TFTP server. 'Chirp 1' and 'Chirp 2' are built into the phone; all others are downloaded on the fly from CallManager via TFTP. Make sure that file exists on both your CallManagers, and that TFTP services are running correctly. Try resetting the phone or even unplugging/replugging it to force it to retry.

Thanks, but I have tried those already. Since I am using CallManager 3.0, the file is not ringlist.xml but RingList.DAT (I believe that the file changed to .xml in 3.1). That file is there and ALL my other 7960 phones read download the other rings fine. I have even attempted to Reset the phone to Factory defaults, delete and re-register the phone. All to no avail.

When you add to the ringlist.xml on the newer versions of CCM the last thing you do is stop and start the TFTP Service in the Control Center to get the new ring tones to work. You might want to give that a try. Good luck.

Larry