Is there a way to change functionality of the phone?
I have just moved my phones from SCCP to SIP and have the following issues:
The users do not want to push the answer softkey after they pickup the handset in order to answer a call. (It also seems that they have to push the speaker button twice in order to pickup a call)
The users want the transfer softkey on the screen while on a call. Currently it is acessable via the more softkey.
The users do not want to push the new call softkey or the speaker button in order to dial a call. They want to be able to just begin dialing the number and then either press the speaker or pickup the handset in order to dial.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am running the 7.4 firmware because it seems to be more stable with Asterisk according to reports.
*** NOTE: Please read thru these directions completely before you begin ***
You will typically need be concerned with only 3 files, OS79XX.TXT, SIPDefault.cnf, and *.bin. You must have these 3 at least in the root directory of your tftp server (there may be more and that is ok, but you must have these 3). You can download each of these from CCO.
If you are not already up to SIP 6.3 or above or if you are running a load other than SIP, you must first upgrade to SIP 6.3, then to 7.4.
To upgrade to 6.3,
1) make sure that the OS79XX.TXT contains only the filename P0S3-06-3-00 (these digits are all alphanumeric zeros, not letters)
2) make sure that the SIPDefault.cnf contains P0S3-06-3-00 in the image_version field
3) make sure phone has the correct ip address of the TFTP server (you may need to disable DHCP on the phone in order to change TFTP or other IP addresses - scroll down to the 'DHCP
Enabled' and change that to 'NO').
4) remove/reattach power from phone for it to go through the correct upgrade procedure (do not use reset sequence). The phone will powercycle itself after a successful upgrade).
To upgrade to 7.4
5) change the OS79XX.TXT to P003-07-4-00 (Note: this filename is now different than the filename in SIPDefault.cnf - see step 2)
6) change the image_version in the SIPDefault.cnf file to P0S3-07-3-00 (please note the filenames in the OS79XX.TXT and SIPDefault.cnf are 'different' during for the upgrade from 6.3 to 7.3 only)
7) Follow steps 3 & 4 above
If you are having problems with your tftp server, try using Solarwind. If you have problems with the tftp, you may want to refer to the tftp logs (Solarwinds logs are easy to read).
You can use the SIPmacaddress.cnf file to configure the phone specific parameters after the upgrade is complete but it is not needed during upgrade.
Note: During the upgrade from 6.3 to 7.4, it is perfectly normal for the phone to ask for files you do not have during the final reboot and should not affect the outcome of the upgrade.
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...
This document describe how DST changes and how time changes are
implemented in DST. Daylight Saving Time (DST) is the practice of
setting the clocks forward 1 hour from standard time during the summer
months, and back again in the fall, in order to make b...