Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

7960 User sometimes can't forward call...

I have a 7960 user who today twice was not able to forward an incomming call. I witnessed one of them. When I press "Trnsfer", it doesn't respond. I played with the up/down buttons to try to select the line, and that didn't help either. I immediatelly called back (from my cell phone) and was able to transfer the call no problem. What might be causing this problem?

As luck would have it, it's the president's #1 assistant, so I'm under some pressure to figure this out! ;)

TIA,

-JDN

5 REPLIES

Re: 7960 User sometimes can't forward call...

do they have callwaiting enabled on their ext?

Yes, they do, but there was no other active call...

Okay -- with that lead, I tried fooling around with different call scenarios with call waiting situations.

If I'm on the line and I pick up the phone when a second caller calls, when I hang up on #2, I am still able to transfer the first caller's stream.

If I'm on the line and someone rings my extension while I'm with caller #1, I can't do anything with the soft buttons. If I hold #1, I can't get them back. I found that if I switch the speaker phone on and off on the empty "call waiting line", I get full functionality of my soft buttons back... transfer and all.

-JDN

I am having the same problem! I have made sure that call waiting is disabled on all lines. It is a shared line appearance (two extensions) on the phone. What were you able to find out? I believe we are still having the problem - it is extremely annoying!!

I am having the same problem! I have made sure that call waiting is disabled on all lines. It is a shared line appearance (two extensions) on the phone. What were you able to find out? I believe we are still having the problem - it is extremely annoying!!

Views
Helpful
Replies