cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 User sometimes can't forward call...

jniederauer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7960 user who today twice was not able to forward an incomming call. I witnessed one of them. When I press "Trnsfer", it doesn't respond. I played with the up/down buttons to try to select the line, and that didn't help either. I immediatelly called back (from my cell phone) and was able to transfer the call no problem. What might be causing this problem?

As luck would have it, it's the president's #1 assistant, so I'm under some pressure to figure this out! ;)

TIA,

-JDN

5 Replies 5

v.kangin
Level 1
Level 1

do they have callwaiting enabled on their ext?

Yes, they do, but there was no other active call...

Okay -- with that lead, I tried fooling around with different call scenarios with call waiting situations.

If I'm on the line and I pick up the phone when a second caller calls, when I hang up on #2, I am still able to transfer the first caller's stream.

If I'm on the line and someone rings my extension while I'm with caller #1, I can't do anything with the soft buttons. If I hold #1, I can't get them back. I found that if I switch the speaker phone on and off on the empty "call waiting line", I get full functionality of my soft buttons back... transfer and all.

-JDN

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem! I have made sure that call waiting is disabled on all lines. It is a shared line appearance (two extensions) on the phone. What were you able to find out? I believe we are still having the problem - it is extremely annoying!!

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem! I have made sure that call waiting is disabled on all lines. It is a shared line appearance (two extensions) on the phone. What were you able to find out? I believe we are still having the problem - it is extremely annoying!!