cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960: white noise with CCM 3.1(2c) when no one is talking

jraarons
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know of issues with load P00303010102 on 7960s ?

We have silence suppression disabled system wide with vad off, users complain of random "white noise" when no one is talking. Using NM-HDV with 12.2(6a) and G.711.

4 Replies 4

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are sending the number 9 for outbound calls to that gateway (i.e. stripping no digits from CM -> gateway), then try going to one of your VoIP dial-peers that points to the CM where you have configured no vad already and add the line incoming called-number 9.

Also, although I am not recommending that you upgrade to CallManager 3.2, note that the comfort noise level generated by the phone into your ear has been reduced by 10dB in the first load firmware, which is P00303020010

Our TAC case has us testing P00303010107 with 3.1(2c).

We can't go to 3.2 yet due to CCRA, CCC compatibility issues -jason

Ok, no problem. I wasn't suggesting you go to 3.2 yet, I was just passing along the info.

Also, did you try doing the incoming called-number 9 command? One way to check if VAD is being used on the call is to make an outside call from the IP phone, leave it up, and then on the router run show call active voice and then look for a line saying VAD=enabled or disabled.

jpinkus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have not mentioned if this is only from PSTN callers, however I have tested load P00303010108 in the lab and comfort noise is barely heard. I tested calling IP phone to IP phone and placing one phone on mute. Load 108 produced the best results with the attenuation of comfort noise.