Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

got a customer that is using ccme 3.3 system. he just relocated a 7960 ip phone to plug into another location and is getting this error tftp file not found. the phone now doesnt boot and he cannot access any of the keys to reset to factory etc. please note that phone was working just a few mins ago.

any ideas.

6 REPLIES

Re: 7960

Maybe the phone is looking for firmware file on subscriber. I had same issue and had to copy/paste the firmware file on subscriber and that did the trick for me.

HTH

Sulabh

Please rate all posts.

Bronze

thanks but this is a call manager express system

Silver

Is the dhcp server at the new location providing the correct tftp option via dhcp? Does this scope provide the correct gateway address?

Bronze

DHCP is fine

let me clarify, when i say new location, i actually mean another cubicle within the same organisation. the exiting phone was a 7912 that works fine, the user got the option to upgrade to the 7960 and took it. they removed phone and placed working 7960 and this happened. (Note phone was working a few mins before moving.)

Arvind,

I've never got around to trying this and it might be an option for a SIP phone only, but take a look at this previous article. You might be able to console and see some information with a Skinny phone as well.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddb9cac/0

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Bronze

i actually had an issue like this once before in my initial learning of the ipt system. i think the phone is still there and not working

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content