Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7961 not booting

I have a few 7961 phones starting up the start splash screen and stopping there. The side buttons flash down and the headset light stays on. I have tried a firmware reset via the # 123456789*0# scenario. I was wondering if there is anything else I could try. The phone does exactly the same thing if it is plugged into a PoE switch or a Power Cube. On or off the network.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: 7961 not booting

John:

If you can get the phone to an idle screen you can try upgrading the firmware on the 7961s manually.

Use a laptop with TFTP server. Configure the IP address and TFTP server address in the phone manually. Copy SEPDefaul.cnf.xml, XMLDefault.cnf.xml, and the phone load to your laptop.

Heard of this from Brandon Buffin. If it works for you - thank him for the idea.

If the phone refuses to boot entirely and will not accept a manual load you may consider RMAing the devices for replacement.

Tom

Re: 7961 not booting

Hi Tom,

Looks like it will have to be RMAd. It only gets as far as the first splash screen and sits there flashing and no buttons worked.

Thanks for the above suggestion though I will have to keep that in mind.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies