Helpful
Replies

7970 Console Access Password/Corrupt Load

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All

I'm trying to fix a 7970 phone - it has a corrupt load TERM70.6-0-1-0SR1s.loads

I've knocked up a console cable and can see that it tries to tftp the load file again to fix itself - however the file isn't on the CallManager I have here.

Does anyone know where I can find the loads file and it's associated files?

Alternatively - does anyone know the user/password combination required to access the console port?

I think if I had this I may be able to force it to TFTP the load I have available now...

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here you go.

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Aaron,

I have attached the loads file. Hope this helps.

Brandon

It does indeed - I think I need the three files referenced in this file though...

Jar70.2-8-0-74.sbn

cnu70.2-7-3-77.sbn

jvm70.PMS499KR73.sbn

If you could post them or send them to me (aaron.harrison at the email domain azzu.co.uk) that would be much appreciated...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Here you go.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon - much appreciated... Hopefully this will fix the handset...

This has all got me curious now I have my console cable though - does anyone know what the user/password is (I've assumed it's not a CM user associated to the phone as it prompts for a user/pass when the phone isn't registered)..???

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ebe69.html#wp1010629

In this document only the password is mentioned (cisco), you may try for the 7970:

Username: default

Password: user

This is also a good link for a factory reset.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00804b0bea.html#wp1087544

Let us know.

Gonzalo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: