Views
Helpful
Replies

7970 Freezing

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running CM 3.3.3 SR4a. I have about 40 7970s connecting to a stack of 3550-24-PWRs (Not Using external power cube). For the most part the phones are working ok, but I notice a few phones will freeze and need to be reset. I also notice there were one or 2 phones that would not boot up past the "configuring IP" screen without the external power supply. The 7970 phones ae running load TERM70.5-0-30s

Do the 7970 phones need to use the external power cube or can you use the inline power?

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Frank

2 Replies 2

I was receiving the same freezing of the phones and I upgraded the firmware to 6.0.1 about a week ago and that problem has not come back. I do though still have one problem where a user is on the phone for an extended amount of time (over like 40 minutes) the call is dropped but still appears to be active on the IP phone. I would suggest the new firmware though, these 7970s are still FULL of bugs.

I have 21 7970s and have had several problems. I've been through the leap year bug, had phones lock up, not get addresses from DHCP, and others. Two have been replaced by Cisco. I recently installed the new version 6 firmware and they have been fine so far.

--Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: