I have ten 7970 phones and some of them don't show the right time and also when I pressed Directories button on the phone, some of them don't have local directory, local speed dial and personal speed dial. I downloaded the latest firmware for 7970 phone for CME version 4.0 but still have the same problems.
Configuring 7970 IP phones on the CME is a bit involved, but all you really need is to make sure that you have the proper config files loaded in flash and the proper configuration steps completed.
1. Do a show flash:
...make sure this list of files is present:
2. configure tftp references to all of the files:
3. Ensure that you have the proper load referenced for the 7970 under the telephony service config:
load 7970 TERM70.6-0-2SR1-0-5s
4. 7970s use GMT in reference to the CME clock time, so you usually have to config offsets:
5. make sure you have a reliable EXTERNAL NTP source to point to, BESIDES the actual CME router. I've found that using a freeware NTP program running from your server such as NetTime or pointing to an accessible public Stratum 2 NTP server is your best bet. Then, just configure the CME to get clock from this source:
ntp server 22.214.171.124
6. after making all the changes to the CME config, make sure to generate NEW config files for the 7970s:
7. Finally, be sure to also do a hard reset of the 7970 phones:
** after the 7970 reset, do a show ephone to make sure the 7970s in question are REGISTERED and do a show telephony-service tftp-bindings to make sure that the NEW 7970 config .xml file has been generated.
Also, in regards to the time settings issue on the 7970, follow this doc:
We are currently installing about 10 of these. We have had the same issue with the time being off. We had to manually go back in to the config and enter the "create cnf-files" command again even though it was in the config that I pasted in router. For some reason it just didn't take. After entering the command once again and reseting the phones, the time was okay.
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...
This document describe how DST changes and how time changes are
implemented in DST. Daylight Saving Time (DST) is the practice of
setting the clocks forward 1 hour from standard time during the summer
months, and back again in the fall, in order to make b...