Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7970 phone

Hi All;

I have ten 7970 phones and some of them don't show the right time and also when I pressed Directories button on the phone, some of them don't have local directory, local speed dial and personal speed dial. I downloaded the latest firmware for 7970 phone for CME version 4.0 but still have the same problems.

thanks for your help

Alex

2 REPLIES

Re: 7970 phone

Configuring 7970 IP phones on the CME is a bit involved, but all you really need is to make sure that you have the proper config files loaded in flash and the proper configuration steps completed.

1. Do a show flash:

...make sure this list of files is present:

cnu70.62-0-1-6.sbn

jvm70.602ES1R6.sbn

TERM70.DEFAULT.loads

TERM70.6-0-2SR1-0-5s.loads

Jar70.2-8-0-104.sbn

2. configure tftp references to all of the files:

tftp-server flash:cnu70.62-0-1-6.sbn

tftp-server flash:jvm70.602ES1R6.sbn

tftp-server flash:TERM70.DEFAULT.loads

tftp-server flash:TERM70.6-0-2SR1-0-5s.loads

tftp-server flash:Jar70.2-8-0-104.sbn

3. Ensure that you have the proper load referenced for the 7970 under the telephony service config:

telephony-service

load 7970 TERM70.6-0-2SR1-0-5s

4. 7970s use GMT in reference to the CME clock time, so you usually have to config offsets:

telephony-service

time-zone 5

5. make sure you have a reliable EXTERNAL NTP source to point to, BESIDES the actual CME router. I've found that using a freeware NTP program running from your server such as NetTime or pointing to an accessible public Stratum 2 NTP server is your best bet. Then, just configure the CME to get clock from this source:

ntp server 123.45.67.89

6. after making all the changes to the CME config, make sure to generate NEW config files for the 7970s:

telephony-service

create cnf-files

7. Finally, be sure to also do a hard reset of the 7970 phones:

telephony-service

reset all

** after the 7970 reset, do a show ephone to make sure the 7970s in question are REGISTERED and do a show telephony-service tftp-bindings to make sure that the NEW 7970 config .xml file has been generated.

Also, in regards to the time settings issue on the 7970, follow this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a0080631683.shtml

If you still have problems, I would check the Bug Tool and TAC Case Coolection to see if there are issues with the SW versions you are trying.

Re: 7970 phone

We are currently installing about 10 of these. We have had the same issue with the time being off. We had to manually go back in to the config and enter the "create cnf-files" command again even though it was in the config that I pasted in router. For some reason it just didn't take. After entering the command once again and reseting the phones, the time was okay.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content