Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7970 Time zone problem

Running CCM 3.3.3 SR3 and 7970 phone load 5.0.3. The 7970 are setup in the same call manager date/time group, same device pool, same partion and CSS as 7940's and 7960's.

7940/60 display the correct time, but the 7970 is 1 hour out. This only started since the weekend change to British Summer Time. Anyone else have the same and/or have a workaround?

TIA

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 7970 Time zone problem

Have upgraded to TERM70-6-0-1-0s and I am now no longer 1 hour late for meetings.

John

8 REPLIES

The 7970 requires an explicit configuration for the local date/time group. the dafault of local CM time/date will not work with it.

r-royston, can you please elaborate on the explicit configuration procedure?

go to

System-date& time group then add a new group using your local time zone. dont use call manager local zone.

make sure you have firmware installed.

please rate this post, if you problem solved

mtaib

I have the same problem. British Summer Time came along. 7910s, 7920s, 7940s, 7960s are fine. 7970 is now out by one hour (showing GMT and not GMT+1).

Running the latest code (5-0-3) and have also created a special date/time group for the 7970 in its own device pool as per previous posts. Date/Time group reads as "British Summer Time".

Worked OK before Summer Time so I guess the 7970 does not like the British Summer.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

John

I have done as reccomended and with no luck however I have noticed the 7970 phone displays "error upgrading locale" after rebooting I am guessing this means the 7970 is not compatible with the UK Locale ?

Or does this help any with sorting this out?

As a workaround I could create a new device pool for the 7970's an hour ahead to bring them inline with the UK Summer time other than that any bright ideas?

Have upgraded to TERM70-6-0-1-0s and I am now no longer 1 hour late for meetings.

John

John,

Upgraded today. Seems to have resolved the problem here also. Shame, made a good excuss when late for meetings.

D

Is there a fix for the IP Communicator also??

-Jose

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content