cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7970G Color phones

neal.miller
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any wierd things happen with these phones?? I have been experiencing very frequent auto reboots with these phones. Just out of the blue they will reboot themselves, sometimes not just once but up to 3 times in a row. We are running 3.3.3sr4a using the most recent 7970 code.

Also, do these phones have a sort of "sleep mode". Meaning, the phone screen actually blacks out like a screen saver but when you touch the screen, it kind of wakes it up.

Thanks all.

neal

8 Replies 8

shane
Level 1
Level 1

I also am experiencing this problem with CM 3.3.3 and 7970 phones rebooting themselves.

Anyone had any luck with a resolution.

Thanks,

orebollido
Level 1
Level 1

Same reboot problem here! We're also on 3.3(3)sr4a with the 7970 on 6.0.1. Has anyone opened a case with CCO yet? It would be great if someone already knows the fix.

I'm having the same problem. We have started calling them the "beta" phones. Most of the users are used to this by now but when it happens to the CEO, I hear about it each time.

--Patrick

I worked with TAC a little on this. Only suggestion was to set the call manager port on the switch to 100/full. I did not troubleshoot it much. The last thing they wanted was a sniffer trace. I have been to busy so we have just been living with it for a while. If anyone know anything it would be greatly appreciated.

I opened a case with TAC and they had me install Engineering Special 44 which is a later release than sr4a. This solved my problems and my 7970 users have not reported any problems yet.

What firmware revision are you running on your Cisco 7970G

phone?

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

After six years, it's unlikely you will get an answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: