Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

79xx Phones and Switchhook Problems

We run about 375 IP phones on our CMs. Of those, we've seen probably 20+ failures of the phones related to the switchhook either sticking closed or open. Internally, these phones have a totally cheesy spring and contact setup. By either cleaning the contacts or re-tensioning the springs, the phones can be made to work. Anyone else frustrated with this marvel of engineering?

4 REPLIES

Re: 79xx Phones and Switchhook Problems

I have the same problems with the 7910 phones. I have a 10% failure rate at this point.

I hear of more with my users. All the same, stickey hook switch. Sounds like a recall to me.

I have had the smae problem to on some of my phones. I think that there may have been some bad batches of phones. talk to to tac and they should replace them for you.

As one of the 'firsts' to install VoIP, we have an early batch of 7910+ and 7960's. We have a 13~14% failure rate that escalates weekly as we become more 'in-tune' in probing questions to our users. I have a hope that Cisco will make sure the early adoptors will be taken care of as well. I feel we have been a great test group and want to continue to be an advocate of this product......but it is hard when I have to address these issues on a weekly basis. Any others out there feel the same way?

We are experiencing similar issues with 7910+ phones. We have 100+ phones deployed, and have had problems with at least 6 phones.

Several of our users have said they just click the switchhook several times, and usually they can answer the call. Otherwise, they just check their voicemail and call them back from another phone.

Steve Barr

Technology Coordinator

Madison Local School District

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content